Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions any reference to our, my, myself, me, us, I, we, means Cakes by Paulie as the supplier of goods and or services.
Any reference to you, your, your representative means the customer or purchaser of the goods and or services of Cakes by Paulie.
‘Short notice’ means any order that is placed two weeks or less before the date the product is required.
Terms and Conditions
By proceeding with a booking (evidenced by making a payment) you signify that you agree with our terms and conditions outlined below and as may be varied from time to time.
Bookings, Quotes and Deposits
Quotes are valid for a period of 21 days from the date of issue. A quote is not regarded as a booking.
A booking is not confirmed with the supplier until such time as a payment of the non-refundable booking fee of $50 has been made and a tax invoice has been issued.
Upon acceptance of the booking by the supplier a deposit of 50 per cent of the total cost of the amount quoted must be paid within four (4) weeks of the date the booking was made. In the circumstance where we have accepted a booking at short notice the deposit must be paid within 48 hours.
For wedding cakes, the balance of the purchase price must be paid two (2) weeks prior to the event and, for all other cakes, the balance must be paid one (1) week before the product is required.
No order will commence until a deposit has been paid. Any changes to your order after the booking has been made may result in your quote being revised.
Payments can be made by cash, cheque (subject to bank clearance) or electronic transfer of funds (preferred method) to my nominated bank account. If full payment has not been received by the due date, goods will not be delivered or be available for collection.
Cancellations, Refunds and Change of Date
Cancellations or change of date must be notified to me in writing and the new date will only be accepted subject to my availability. Any updates, corrections or changes to your order must be notified to me in writing by no later than two (2) weeks before your event.
If you cancel your order after the deposit is paid, a refund may be available. For short notice cakes, the deposit is non-refundable. For cancellations that are received more than six (6) weeks prior to the delivery date, a full refund of the deposit is available. In all other cases no refund is available as goods and materials for your order would have already been purchased.
Delivery and Set Up
If it is determined by us that you are located at a reasonable distance for delivery, we will deliver the cake for a fee. Please contact us should you require a quote for delivery. Any delivery fee paid by you will include set-up at the venue subject to the following conditions:
- Acceptance of the cake at the venue indicates that it has been delivered /set up in good condition. Where delivery is required, anyone at the delivery address who receives the goods will be considered as being authorised by you to act on your behalf to receive the goods.
- We accept no responsibility for loss or damage to the goods after delivery/set up has occurred.
- As a general rule, we will photograph your cake at the venue as evidence that the cake has been delivered/set up in good condition. These photos may be reproduced or used by us for marketing/promotion purposes at our sole discretion with no compensation payable to you.
- The venue must be at a suitable temperature (an air conditioned room is best) and a suitable table must be set up and available for the cake upon arrival. No responsibility can be accepted by us for any deterioration of the cake or decorations (fresh or otherwise) if these conditions are not met.
Subject to suitable arrangements being made in advance you are welcome to collect your cake from us. If you, or someone representing you, choose to collect the cake, or set up the cake, you assume all responsibility and liability for the cake as soon as it leaves my possession. Cakes will generally be boxed however all risk and liability for transporting cakes is assumed by you.
Fondant/sugar paste (the icing, decoration and figurines) should not be refrigerated as this may cause damage. These items should be stored in a cool dry place (preferably air conditioned) out of direct sunlight.
Supplying your own decorations/fresh flowers
You are welcome to supply your own decorations such as figurines, ribbons or flowers subject to the following conditions:
- You must ensure that any items that you supply meets hygiene and safety standards. Any item that is not considered by me to meet these standards will not be used by me under any circumstances.
- If you supply any items for the cake you are responsible for ensuring that there is a sufficient quantity of the correct type, size and style for the design of your cake.
- If you supply a figurine for your cake it must be able to be attached easily to the cake and should be capable of standing alone or being fixed with supports.
- Fresh flowers must be individually wired and taped with florists tape. If your flowers are not supplied in this way I unconditionally reserve the right to refuse to place them on the cake.
- Posies or bunches of flowers must be wired and taped in a similar manner to individual flowers.
- Flowers can be delivered to either myself or the delivery address prior to the agreed delivery time. No responsibility will be accepted for any damage caused to the cake by any other person (including florists) placing flowers, or any other item, on the cake after it has been delivered and accepted by the venue.
- You must ensure that sufficient flowers are ordered and supplied by your florist. Any poor quality or damaged flowers supplied by you are your responsibility.
- Feel free to contact me or you may pass my details to your florist if you have any concerns or questions regarding these conditions.
Cake Stand Hire
A cupcake stand can be hired free of charge subject to the following conditions:
- A $100 refundable security deposit must be paid.
- The cupcake stand must be returned in the same condition in which it was hired or your security deposit will be forfeited.
- The cupcake stand must be returned to me within 72 hours of your event or your security deposit will be forfeited regardless of whether the stand is subsequently returned or not.
- The cupcake stand must not be cleaned with any harsh abrasives such as crème cleanser or scourer pads and should not be placed in a dishwasher.
It is possible that cakes, decorations, fondant and other items may come into contact with nuts, soy, milk, wheat and other items that cause allergic reactions.
You agree to advise your guests or anyone else who may come into contact with our products of this possibility and to indemnify us absolutely for any allergic reactions that may occur.